Mathematical Art Resources
Here are some additional resources related to my artwork and scholarship.
- Truchet Tiles and Generalizations
- I have an interest in patterns one can create from Truchet tiles and other related tiles. Read more and see an additional page with printable documents for creating Truchet cubes.
- Mathematics Magazine Cover Art
- I was invited to created original cover art for
Mathematics Magazinefrom 2015 through 2019. Read more about that and see cover images by following the link above.
- Expanded Polyhedral Forms
- One active area for my research and art is creating forms by expanding polyhedra. In this process, polyhedral edges are replaced with quad-connected units such as squares, rectangles, rhmobi, or strips. Read more about that process and see prototypes and other artwork by following the link above.
- Symmetry Cubes
- Here is information on creating a patterned cube that can be used to create symmetry patterns.
- Finding and Creating Symmetry
- The link contains slides from the talk I gave at the MoMath's NYC Math Festival in 2020.